Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Festival of Colors

A weekend or so ago, my friends and I (along with the rest of Provo) went to a Hindu temple to attend the annual Festival of Colors. This is a spicy little celebration of Spring. Everyone gets a bag of colored corn starch and at the same time ethey throw it all over each other. I was unable to participate in this part of the celebration because I decided that I had a duty to relieve my bladder as to not cause an infection. Due to this, I stood in line for the porta potty for 30 minutes and viewed the celebration from the other side of the temple. It looked as though I was a part of Aladdin and I was witnessing the genie coming out of the lamp. The color puff was everywhere. The others quite enjoyed themselves, but they couldn't breath well and their snot was colored. I enjoyed looking at the Hindu temple both inside and out. I don't intend on converting any time soon...I'm not so sure I could stop eating their gods.
Me, Meg and Noelle frolicking on the temple.


Look at all the people...
This was after they were bombed with color.

4 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

Wowza. PS don't click the link above. delete it. It is probably bad. :)

Mari said...

That looks so crazy and fun! I always wanted to go do that, but never have. Too bad you had to pee and missed out on the fun. ha ha.

NoNo said...

LOOK there's me in the top right corner in the pink and yellow! cool! hahah I clicked the link and it is bad!!! whoops. i should think before i click

NoNo said...

ps i love mich.