Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back to Second Grade

For the last seven weeks, I have been teaching in Mrs. Sally Curletto's second grade class. I LOVED teaching with Sally and those kids. I felt so comfortable with them and we all had such a fun time together. I taught the students dances, songs in sign language and all about rocks. Sally and I had a great time working out together to 80's teen workout, talking, and going to lunch. I'm learning more and more that I have such a capacity to love, and I have a hard time with change. It is hard to let the class go.

You know the kids really did love me too...here is a picture to show you just how much. Here are the presents they gave me for Valentine's Day. Who needs a Valentine when you have a class of 24 students?

On my last day of teaching, the students planned a surprise party for me (my first one!). They brought tons of treats and the movie "Snowbuddies." They all made me the sweetest cards...I cried. I think that I am going to make a scrapbook with all of the cute things I got from my student teaching students.





2 comments:

Mari said...

ahh you're so cute! I can't wait to student teach in the fall. I'm pretty sure it's going to be tough, but I think it'll be so fun! Love ya!

Joneel said...

Yay, new posts, and such sweet pictures. I wonder how those sweet students are doing without you.