Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!

I'M ENGAGED!!!!! Crazy I know! Who would have thunk it? This is my future husband, Clark Varner and myself...

So here's the story...I moved to California and had some fun times. Sister Tanuvasa showed up at my door one day and told me that I should go to Institute in Glendora. "Of course," I say, "That I will do." She also informs me that there is this gentleman that she would like me to meet whose name is Clark. When I heard he was half hawaiian, I was so excited. That same day, Bishop Tanuvasa calls and asks me to be on the Institute Council. It just so happens that Clark is the president of that Institute Council. I met him the first day at Institute. We hung out that night and that weekend. He asked me out the next week and we have been dating ever since. It wasn't love at first site...it took us a while before we let ourselves feel the love, but once we did...we knew it was right.

Well, this last Wednesday I asked him, "So if we were to get married, when would that be?" (Thanks Dr. Barlow). He said he would probably propose around November or December. Well we continued to talk about our future and how much we love each other. Then he walked me out to my car and got this look on his face. I knew what he was thinking, but didn't think he would have the guts. He then asked me what I would say if he asked me to marry him. (He totally worked the system) Of course I told him that I would say yes. So he got down on his knee, I looked up and saw a shooting star (so cool) and he said that even though it hasn't been long, it feels so right and he loves me and asked if I would marry him for eternity. I said "YES!"

We weren't going to tell anyone until Sunday when we talked to my family, but that didn't happen because when I got home, my mom was on the couch and I couldn't help but tell her. And I called Noelle, Emily and Cindy. I made sure Ashley knew that she should be pregnant, but she's not.

Funniest thing was when I walked into Institute the next day. All I saw were faces with wide open mouths staring at me. Apparently Clark couldn't keep the secret either. Bishop Tanuvasa made the announcement to the entire Institute then. The secrets out!

I am so excited to be sealed to my love for time and all eternity in the Los Angeles Temple on December 27, 2008. He is such an amazing guy and I love him with all my heart. YAY!

10 comments:

Mari said...

Michelle! That is so exciting. Congratulations. He looks super cute and I'm sure he's so nice. Have fun planning! Enjoy every minute of it.

Andy and Melissa said...

So Im super mad I can't make the picture big! Anyway - I am glad you wrote the story - cause other wise you will forget, and this way I know in your own words. Congrats - wish I could be there for more of the preparations - but at this point, I will be thrilled to make the ceremony. So - love ya, and clark - can't wait to meet you future brother in law ;).

Kristy said...

First...yeah Michelle, I'm very happy for you. Second...when is Lisa going to set Noelle up with her husband?

Cindy said...

you two will have the most beautiful of children. please make the middle name of one Cimino. That is my only request.

The Cherry Family said...

Wow! how long have you been dating for? This is the first I've heard of this. You shocked me with your facebook invitation and I knew I better check your blog. Congrats! Good luck with the preparations!

Courtney said...

Congrats Michelle! We are so excited for you! We hope we are around for the wedding, Jocelyn loves princess weddings (as she calls it).

Candi said...

Congratulations!!! Your mom emailed us some pictures of the two of you, you guys are so cute. I am really happy for you.

Taryn said...

Hi Michelle,
I found your blog and wanted to say congratulations! That is such exciting news.

Taryn McCook (Harris)

Ams said...

Yay Michelle that is so exciting. I am so happy for you. Congrats!

Matt and Diana said...

Hey Michelle, I came across your blog through stacia's. Congratulations. I am so excited for you! I am sure the two of you will be so happy together. Being married is wonderful. Enjoy being engaged and planning the wedding. It's just an amazing time.